Rules and Regulations
MAJOR LIBRARY OFFENSES
- Silence is always expected to be maintain in the library. Collaboration and discussion are allowed in the Discussion Room (CLIR-Rizal) and Multimedia/Computer area (CLIR-Einstein), provided this will not distract other library users.
- Dishonesty, lending or borrowing of the official MCL ID, Official Receipt, Certificate of matriculation, or other official documents and presenting another person’s documents as one’s own.
- Writing on books, mutilation or tearing of pages of a book and taking out without permission any material or property.
- Blueprints, mechanical drawing board big case or parcel and external storage device should not be brought into the library.
- Use of caps/bonnets in the library premises is not allowed. Exemptions are allowed for religious and health purposes.
- Abuse of I.T. resources and privileges in violation of the rules and regulations on the use of I.T. resources such as but not limited to: Installations and/or use of unlicensed software (such as application software and games); Unauthorized access to network security through any means (e.g. denial of service, malicious attacks, installation of Trojans and worms, hacking).
- Public display of intimacy which offends the sensibilities of the academic community, and which may be deemed or perceived as vulgar or repulsive.
- Offenses related to person(s) in the CLIR community such as but not limited to: Threatens to physically assault/injure or actual physical assault/injury committed against any member or visitors of the CLIR community; Defamation, abusive behavior, or gross discourtesy committed against any member of the CLIR community or his authorized representative; Hazing or the infliction of any physical mental harm or ordeal, which act injures, degrades, or disgraces or that tends to injure, degrade, or disgrace any fellow student or member of the CLIR community; Engaging in lewd, obscene or immoral conduct within CLIR premises and its vicinity.
- Reproduction of final exams.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic or intoxicating beverages within CLIR premises in connection with an official school activity; or entering the CLIR under the influence of alcohol.
MINOR LIBRARY OFFENSES
- Students must tap their MCL ID/register at the entrance before entering the CLIR premises. And as an institutional policy, all students should always wear their MCL ID, including inside the CLIR premises.
- Eating and/or drinking, littering.
- Disruptive use of mobile phones or other similar communication devices in the library.
- Unauthorized filming within the premises of the library.
GENERAL LOAN POLICIES
- Library patrons must present their valid ID [school ID/employee ID] when borrowing materials. Borrowing must be done in person. The borrower must see to it that all library materials in their possession have been properly checked out before leaving the library.
- Students, faculty, and non-teaching personnel of Malayan Colleges Laguna are allowed to utilize the resources of the CLIR.
- Library patrons are held responsible for all materials charged to their names via the library automated system and date due slips.
- Fines are charged on overdue materials. Fines must be paid before the next term.
- The borrowers must ensure that items checked out to him be returned on or before the date due. Notices sent by the Library serve only as a reminder and non-receipt of the notices does not absolve anybody from paying fines or other penalties. All materials must be returned immediately when recalled.
- Library users are not allowed to use IDs of other patrons to borrow materials or gain access to other library services. Borrowers may not “sub-lend” books and other library materials.
- Borrowers will be held responsible for any mutilation [including defacement] found in library materials when returned. They must check and report any mutilation found before borrowing.
- Library materials are considered to be on loan to patrons until the materials are properly checked in. Make sure that your loan has been cancelled before leaving the counter.
- Library users must report the loss of a material to the CLIR. Fine will be charged according to the rates of fines, from the date due to the date when the material is reported lost, or if found, till the date the material is returned.
- Borrowers who lost a material are liable for payment of the current cost of the material [including binding costs if applicable] or replace the material with the current edition/issue or copy [preferably hard bound for books].
If the borrower paid for the book then in time the book was found, the book may still be reported to the CLIR and the user have the right to ask for a refund for the current cost he/she paid for it.
- External patrons [alumni & other outside researchers] are not allowed to take home materials. All materials that they need are for library use only.
- Students who are not enrolled but needs to use the library for completion, should present a letter of request to use the library resources noted by their adviser.
- Patrons’ library privileges will be suspended if overdue materials are not returned on time.
- Borrowers are only allowed to renew for two (2) consecutive times if the material is not in demand.
SPECIFIC LOAN POLICIES
• Fiction Books/Circulation Books
- One week loan period
- A maximum of two (2) books may be borrowed at one time.
- Overdue fine: PhP10.00 a day/book for students (excluding Sundays and holidays) ; PhP2.00 a day/book for faculty/employee (excluding Sundays and holidays).
• Reserve Books
- For overnight use but must be returned not later than 10:00 AM the next school day.
- One (1) reserve book may be borrowed at one time.
- Overdue fine: PhP2.00 an hour or 20.00 a book/day (excluding Sundays and holidays).
• General Reference, Filipiniana Books and Multimedia Books
- For room use only.
- Photocopying of selected book pages shall be handled at the circulation desk.
• Periodicals (Journal, Magazine, etc.)
- For room use only
- Photocopying of articles shall be handled at the circulation desk.
- For room use only.
- Faculty/ Employee may borrow for 3 days.
- A maximum of two (2) materials may be borrowed at one time.
- Overdue fine: P2.00 a day/material for faculty members (excluding Sundays and holidays).
• Examination Papers, etc.
- For room use only.
- Any person who consults archival collections, academic exercises or research studies must not quote from them without due acknowledgment.