Open Educational Resources
- ABC Chemistry - ABC Chemistry provides free full text journals in Chemistry.
- Ang Sentro ng Wikang Filipino (SWF) - Ang Sentro ng Wikang Filipino ay isang institusyon sa Unibersidad ng Pilipinas-Diliman na nagtataguyod sa wikang Filipino bilang midyum ng pagtuturo, saliksik at publikasyon, at opisyal na komunikasyon ayon sa tadhana ng Konstitusyong 1987, Artikulo XIV, seksiyon 6 at 7.
- arXiv e-Print Archive
- arXiv e-Print Archive has been around since 1991 and is a well-known resource in the fields of mathematics and computer science. It is run by Cornell University Library and now offers open access to more than one million e-prints.
- Bibliomania - is a free online literature with more than 2000 classic texts.
- Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE) - Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE) is operated by the Bielefeld University Library in Germany, and it offers more than 100 million documents from more than 4,000 sources. Sixty percent of its content is open access, and you can filter your search accordingly.
- Bioline International - Bioline International is a not-for-profit scholarly publishing cooperative committed to providing open access to quality research journals published in developing countries. BI's goal of reducing the South to North knowledge gap is crucial to a global understanding of health (tropical medicine, infectious diseases, epidemiology, emerging new diseases), biodiversity, the environment, conservation and international development.
- BioMed Central - BioMed Central is peer reviewed open-access articles in medicine and biology.
- BMJ - BMJ is an open access research articles on medicine.
- College Open Textbooks - This site lists open textbooks organized by subject area, many of which have been peer-reviewed for their suitability at community colleges.
- CORE -
CORE is a multidisciplinary aggregator of open access research. It allows users to search more than 66 million open access articles. While most of these link to the full-text article on the original publisher's site, five million records are hosted directly on CORE.
- dblp Computer Science Bibliography -
dblp Computer Science Bibliography is an online index of major computer science publications. Although it provides access to both free access articles and those behind a paywall, you can limit your search to only full-text articles. The site indexes more than three million publications, making it an invaluable resource in the world of computer science.
- Digital Book Index -
Digital Book Index provides links to more than 139,000 full text digital books from more than 1800 commercial and non-commercial publishers, universities and various private sites.
- Digital Library of the Commons (DLC) -
Digital Library of the Commons (DLC) is a repository is a multidisciplinary journal repository that allows users to check thousands of free and open access articles from around the world. You can browse by document type, date, author, title, and more or search for keywords relevant to your topic.
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) -
Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) is a searchable database of peer-reviewed scientific monographs that have been made accessible by academic publishers in open access.
- Directory of Open Access Journals -
This site covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific & scholarly journals. They cover all subjects & languages.
- Dryad -
Dryad is a digital repository of curated, open access scientific research. It is run by a not-for-profit membership organization that aims to "promote a world where research data is openly available, integrated with the scholarly literature, and routinely reused to create knowledge." It is free to access, but note that there is a publishing charge associated if you wish to publish your data in Dryad.
- E-books directory -
E-books directory is a daily growing list of freely downloadable ebooks, documents and lecture notes found all over the internet. You can submit and promote your own ebooks, add comments on already posted books or just browse through the directory below and download anything you need.
- EconBiz -
EconBiz is a great resource for economic and business studies. A service of the Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, it offers access to full texts online, with the option of searching for open access material only.
- Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) -
ERIC - Education Resources Information Center is an online library of education research and information, sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education.
- EThOS -
Run by the British Library, it allows you to search over 400,000 doctoral theses in a variety of disciplines. Although some full texts are behind paywalls, you can limit your search to items available for immediate download, either directly through EThOS or through an institution's website.
- Find Articles -
Find Articles give you free access to millions of articles from thousands of top publications.
- Free e-Books.net -
Free e-Books.net provides list of books available in electronic form for free online.
- Free Engineering books -
Free Engineering books are online engineering books available for free download. There are books covering wide areas of electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, civil engineering, chemical and bioengineering, telecommunications, signal processing, etc. The books are mainly in PDF format for offline reading, some of them are online only HTML versions.
- Free Medical Journals -
Free Medical Journals provides free medical literature, with 400 journals.
- GALILEO Open Learning Materials -
GALILEO Open Learning Materials brings together open educational resources throughout the University System of Georgia, including open textbooks and ancillary materials.
- Google book -
Google provides access to full text of books that they digitized from library collections, including hundreds of books related to literature, science fiction, short stories, poetry, political science, philosophy, economics, physics, chemistry, biology etc.
- HighWire Press -
HighWire Press host the largest repository of high impact, peer reviewed content with 1006 journals & 4,046,822 full text articles from over 130 scholarly publishers. HighWire hosted publishers have collectively made 1,559,277 articles free.
- Hindawi -
Hindawi is a rapidly growing academic publisher with more than 200 Open Access journals covering a wide range of academic disciplines.
- Internet Archive -
The Internet Archive is a non-profit organization that was founded to build an Internet library. The Internet Archive is working to prevent the Internet - a new medium with major historical significance - and other "born-digital" materials from disappearing into the past.
- Kritika Kultura -
This electronic journal (no print counterpart) is published by the Ateneo de Manila Universityâ€™s English Department. Articles on language and literary/cultural studies in the Philippines from 2003 to the present are available.
- Lumen Learning -
This OER-focused company provides open courses with "zero textbook cost." Their curriculum comes with all the OER students will require.
- Many Books.net -
Browse through the most popular titles, recommendations, or recent reviews from our visitors. Perhaps you'll find something interesting in the special collections. There are more than 29,000 eBooks available for Kindle, Nook, iPad and most other eReaders, and they're all free!
- MERLOT II -
MERLOT is a curated collection of free and open online teaching, learning, and faculty development services contributed and used by an international education community. Use the Advanced Search to limit by subject, educational level, type of resource, and more. The Content-Builder facilitates the creation of new OERs.
- MIT Open Courseware Online Textbooks -
MIT's library of online textbooks is one of the few sources for OER on aeronautics, civil engineering, and material science, among many other disciplines.
- National Academies Press -
Read more than 3,000 books online for free. Covers subjects on Engineering & Technology, Health & Medicine, Earth Sciences, Environmental Studies, Energy conservation, Food & Nutrition etc.
- OER Commons -
OER Commons is a freely accessible online library that allows teachers and others to search and discover open educational resources (OER) and other freely available instructional materials.
- Online Book page -
Online Book page features over 10000 online free books on the net.
- Open Education Consortium -
The Open Education Consortium is a community of 240-plus schools as well as organizations and people who want to advance the idea of "open education." It features an OER resource toolkit, webinars, in-person events and links to open textbooks.
- Open Learning Initiative -
Carnegie Mellon's (PA) open courses (and associated content) denote a marked emphasis on STEM, including computing.
- Open Textbook Library -
Peer-reviewed higher education textbook list compiled by Open Textbook Network.
- OpenStax CNX -
Open Stax College has open, peer-reviewed, free e-texts with support materials for instructors. Offers an option to purchase print copies at cost.
- Paperity boasts -
Paperity boasts being the "first multidisciplinary aggregator of open access journals and papers." Their focus is helping you avoid paywalls while connecting you to authoritative research.
- Philippine Journal of Science -
This is the online version of the Philippine Journal of Science (PJS), a journal on natural sciences, engineering, mathematics and social sciences under ISI coverage, published by the Department of Science and Technology.
- Planet PDF -
Planet PDF provides 60+ free e-books in PDF format, mostly literature/classics.
- Project Gutenberg -
Project Gutenberg is the first and oldest producer of free electronic books. This site offers 20,000 free e-books.
- PubMed Central -
PubMed Central is a free archive of life science journals.
- Semantic Scholar -
Semantic Scholar is harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to efficiently sort through millions of science-related papers based on your search terms. According to the site, although some articles are behind paywalls, "the data [they] have for those articles is limited," so you can expect to receive mostly full-text results. Another feature is the extensive advanced search options, which allow you to search by cell type and brain region, among other things.
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN) - Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is a collection of papers from the social sciences community. The site offers more than 700,000 abstracts and more than 600,000 full-text papers.
- Tech Books - Tech Books are technology books free for download. Mostly subjects on science & technology.
- The Freelipiniana Online Library - The Freelipiniana Online Library seeks to bring Filipiniana literature to every Filipino in a time when information and education are limited.
- Wiley Open Access -
Wiley Open Access is published authoritative peer-reviewed open access journals across many research disciplines.
- World Public Library - The WPLD Collection shelves more than 2,000,000 + PDF e-books in 100+ languages containing 125 of the finest eBooks and eDocument published on the Internet today.